Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blankity Blank Games Spec Ad

This is a script for a spec ad that I wrote this time last year.  Unfortunately it never made it to production, but I still very much want to produce/direct this piece.

SOOOOO if anyone is interested, give me money!  Hahaha.

FADE IN:

WHITE:

DREAMER (V.O.)
In my dream I travel from person to person, from mind to mind.  At last I inhabit a killer.  A mercenary.  I’ve killed one of my own.  Betrayal in cold blood and my brothers in arms smell a rat.

EXT. WOODS - DAY

DREAMER runs full speed through a thick forest.  He breathes in heavy mechanical gasps and exhales steam.  The ANTIQUE RIFLE in his hand catches branches as his stride quickens.

Thunder cracks.

Dreamer nearly slips but catches his balance.

Closing in behind him are three men.  All are masked and armed.  They point and yell in a FOREIGN DIALECT to one another.  Rage fuels their every move.

Dreamer turns a corner and opens his stride into a grassy clearing.  His pursuers follow only a short distance behind, still closing.

DREAMER (V.O.)
I distinctly remember resigning to my impending end.  As my brothers more than match my quickening gate.  They will catch up to me soon.  Then they will end me.

EXT. ROCKY LEDGE - DAY

Dreamer crests a sheer cliff.  Pebbles roll from his sliding feet as he swings his balance back to avoid a less honorable death.

Thunder cracks again.

Two rifles lock and click. (O.S.)

ECU: A dirty thumb pulls back the hammer on an ANTIQUE REVOLVER.

ECU: The chamber spins into place.

DREAMER (V.O.)
As I catch my last breaths, I feel the cold steel barrel before it even touches my right temple.  I never see the bullet.

The pistol fires.

WHITE:

DREAMER (V.O.) (CONT’D)
The crack of the flint is faint and damp and it sounds like I’m under water.  I feel the very life of me being swiftly pulled from my fingertips, my toes, up through my chest and neck, gathering momentum as it goes.  Finally it reaches my head and I feel nothing.

FADE TO BLACK:

VOID

Rumbling thunder.

DREAMER (V.O.)
Then thunder rolls to a deafening crash.

Deafening thunder crash.

INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY

ECU: A TWENTY-SIDED DIE rolls to a stop in the center of the frame.  The number “20” settles on the top.

Four GAMERS, one of them, the Dreamer, erupt into cheering and laughter.

DREAMER
Oh man, another crit?

GM
Yeah.  Sorry man, tough luck.

GM hands Dreamer a BLANK GENERIC CHARACTER SHEET and a PENCIL.

FADE TO LOGO:

VOICE (V.O.)
Blankity Blank Games.  Cus you can never take it too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment